Safari Boston Golf Club
The regular annual general meeting of Safari Boston Golf club duly called and held on 12/17/2016 @Jake & Joe’s restaurant in Norwood MA commencing @3:00 pm. With the approval of the board of directors Tony Ngari, Fred Chege & Chris Esikumo, Tony Ngari acted as chairman of the meeting and recorded the minutes in the absence of the secretary William Emase.
2. Approval of agenda
The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed
3. Approval of minutes The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed
4. Announcements & monthly schedule:
The 2017 season opener was set for the last weekend of April, with the monthly tournament schedule thereafter set for the 2nd weekend of every month commencing in May and ending in October.
5. Morning and afternoon tee times.
It was unanimously agreed that Tee times will continue to be in the early morning hours between 7:00 & 8:00 AM.
The following are the dates set for the monthly mug tournaments:
04/29/2017 – Season Opener
09/09/2017 – Season Ender cum Flying Kites Charity tournament.
Hereunder are the suggested golf courses unanimously agreed upon by members at the AGM for the 2017 circuit.
Brook Meadow in canton ( use of motorized golf cart required for morning rounds, this will most probably be the season ender’s host golf course)
Glenn Ellen in Millis ( use of motorized golf cart required for morning rounds)
Newton Commonwealth golf course
Pembroke country club
Brookline golf course
Olde Scotlande links
Riverbend country club
Ridder farm golf course
We are actively searching for suitable golf courses in the North-shore & Western MA.
6. Handicap & score keeping/scoring. Now have met the threshold to register with Ghin. Anyone else looking to be considered for 2017 Ghin, send in your $25 registration fee most urgently. The club’s Ghin handicap registration will commence on January 2017.
7. Commitment to tournaments. Points will continue to be awarded for tournaments. To be eligible to win the monthly mug, and season ender mugs, all members will be required to be current on their monthly dues @ the day of the tournament & maintain a verifiable handicap, I.e.,To be eligible to compete for the season’s tournaments, each member will be required to maintain a legitimate handicap. Without a handicap score, the club will revert to the gross score for any member who doesn’t maintain a handicap score for the sake of deciding the monthly mug winner.
8. Recruitments. Points will continue to be awarded for member’s recruitment of new members. Recruitment will be an ongoing process. The club came up with the right idea at the right time last year by introducing an incentive system to reward those who excel at recruiting new members by incorporating a points reward system.
The points will be awarded for recruitments amongst other club activities & achievements, all geared towards helping members earn the Member of Year award.
Here is how you earn Member of the year points:
Playing in tournaments – 40 points
Referring new members – 100 points
Monthly mug winner – 25 points
Attending annual general meeting – 25 points ( all who attended the AGM were awarded 25 points)
Attending charity golf related activities / events – 100 points.
9. Inter-club competition:
As a club, we believe that there’s added value in working with other similar organizations via collaborative relationship between entities to work toward shared objectives.
In view of the above mentioned, our members are strongly requested to greatly consider participation in the upcoming potential inter club competitions between our club and other golf clubs like other Safari golf club chapters around the country.
We’ll continue working jointly with local golf clubs towards a joint match play competition sometimes in 2017. There’s already a club from Attleboro that has expressed interest in a joint match play competition in October 2017. Details to be announced in due course.
10. Open issues
There were no open issues.
11. New Business
Beginning 2017, Safari Boston will incorporate new membership fee for new members @$55 ( one time $20 membership & $35 for Ghin registration respectively).
( monthly pay adjustment to $15 with the $5 extra to cover Ghin membership for the following year. This will constitute 7 monthly remittances to cover the 7 months tournament circuit.
Beginning January 2017, SBGC will incorporate a pioneering monthly golfers family activity program to be installed in the month of January 2017. Be on the lookout for details & provide support for more camaraderie opportunities with our families.
12. Agenda for the next meeting
Meanwhile be thinking of any other business for next year’s agenda & feel free to communicate the same to our board.
Members are encouraged to start remitting monthly commitments beginning January 2017. This will enable us to have all the funds in by July & avoid last minute dash to get the monies to buy end year awards.
We’ll maintain the September season ender as our annual charity event.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:15 pm by Tony Ngari.
The next general meeting will be at 3:00 pm on 11/04/2017 @ Jake & Joe’s restaurant or F1 Boston in Norwood & Braintree respectively.
Minutes submitted by: Tony Ngari.
Approved by Chris Esikumo, Freddie Chege, Tony Ngari and all the other members present at the AGM.
Thx & Rgds
President / Commissioner
Safari Boston Golf Club